The benefits of using pre-painted/colour-coated roofing sheets:
• Durability is a prominent feature of colour-coated steel roofing sheets. Dependent on where they are used, steel sheets can last considerably longer than 30 years with little maintenance apart from periodic cleaning.
• The sheets are lightweight yet with high strength, making them an ideal building material. The sheeting can be made in varying base metal thicknesses for the strength required by the particular building design.
• Sheeting is made in many different profiles, for all aesthetic and architectural genres.
• When sheets are installed with the appropriate insulation, they can reduce energy consumption by 50% in summer and 40% in winter.
• All steel roofing sheeting is 100% recyclable; steel is one of the most recycled materials on earth, dramatically minimising the negative impact of waste building materials on our environment.
How coated steel works:
Steel is coated with protective alloys which protect the inner steel core from corrosion that is caused by exposure to the elements or pollutants borne in air and water. The longer lasting the protective coating, the longer lasting the life of the inner steel core.